Recipe: Cannabis-Infused Meyer Lemon Curd
Lemon curd is as versatile as it is delectable. This sweet treat of a topping fits right in with recipes for pillowy waffles, fluffy pancakes, yogurt parfaits, layer cakes, tarts, or fresh berries.
This particular version invokes the power of cannabutter for a kick of potency that’s the perfect way to start your day or end your evening. Enjoy!
Start to finish: 15 minutes
Yields: One large jar
Approximate dosage: 15mg per tablespoon*
- 1 medium saucepan
- 1 medium metal bowl
- 1 whisk
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 Meyer lemons
- 4 ounces of cannabutter*
- Fill the saucepan with one inch of water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and then reduce the heat to low.
- Meanwhile, combine the egg yolks and the sugar in the bowl and whisk until smooth, about one minute.
- Zest the Meyer lemons and juice them. Add the juice and zest to the egg mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Place the bowl on top of the water simmering in the saucepan.
- Whisk the mixture until it thickens (around 8 minutes), or until the mixture becomes light yellow and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove the pan from the heat and thoroughly stir in the butter, one tablespoon at a time, allowing each addition to melt before adding the next.
- Store in a clean container and cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the curd.
This recipe was developed in partnership with Tilray. Tilray and Leafly are both owned by Privateer Holdings.
*Note: The amount of cannabutter specified in this recipe is a suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your butter and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.